Wednesday 23 November 2011

Savoury Pork Roast

So, in my weekly meal planning, I usually plan to do a meal with chicken one night, pork another night, beef another night, as so on. On Monday I wasn't sure what to make, but for some reason I was leaning towards pork, so I allrecipes.com'd "Pork", sorted it out by rating and chose this delightful recipe. It was ridiculously easy to put together and it tasted so good. So. Good. So, allow me to share:


Savoury Pork Roast
Serves: 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour & 25 minutes


1 garlic clove, minced
2 tsp dried marjoram
1 tsp salt
1 tsp rubbed sage
1 boneless pork loin roast


1. Combine the seasonings; rub over roast.
2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. 
3. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.


My Thoughts:
- It could probably have used even less salt
- I didn't have a rack that would have fit in one of my baking dishes, so I just put it straight in the glass baking dish and that was fine
- It cooked faster than I thought it would. When I do this again, I'll probably check it a bit earlier to keep it from overcooking (it didn't go really dry, but I could've safely gotten away with less time and thus a juicier roast)
- Marjoram and sage: I'd never used them before but OH. MAN > they are soo good. 


Star-Reviewer Tom gives this recipe 7/8 lip-smacks



No comments:

Post a Comment